Someone asked me the other day:
I responded with as much sarcasm as I could muster: “Nope…I decided to quit! I figured since there were only 850 days remaining, I didn’t have a fighting chance.”
Reminder: If I say I’m going to do something …
His question did provide a reminder, though. I need to keep people updated on my progress and continuously direct/link them to my 101 List(complete list click here).
I definitely missed out on some opportunities through December, like No. 36 (Make Christmas cookies for my neighbors). There’s always next year, right? I guess that’s why it’s not 101 things in 365 days.
My biggest missed opportunity recently was No. 88 (Be the mascot at a college football game). I was approached by a former co-worker at TCU, who is familiar with my list, and asked if I wanted to suit up for the Frogs’ last home game of 2008. I had already promised my Little Brother, Anthony, I would take him to the game.
Again…there’s always next year, right?
I’m steadily progressing on some tasks: No. 27 (Accumulate 1,000 volunteer hours) and No. 93 (Read 200 books). I have 139 community service hours and I just finished book No. 11 with No. 12, 13, and 14 already started.
Here is a quick list of tasks that should be completed by the end of April:
• No. 5 (Go camping with my wife): I’ve started thinking about a road trip to see my buddy Greg in Arkansas. Instead of holing up in some cheap hotel room along the way – a night under the stars might be an option.
• No. 41 (Break 4-hour mark in a marathon): I’m running Nashville’s Country Music Marathon on April 25th.
• No. 55 (Sell something on Craig’s List): I have a cast-iron sink in my garage that has Craig’s List written ALL over it.
• No. 64 (Host a dinner party): This Christmas my mom gave me a gift certificate (right) for her and a friend of hers to clean my house. I refuse to let a VERY clean house go to waste – the dinner party would be the next day.
• No. 92 (Complete one Home Depot “Do It Yourself” workshop): Tanya and I are discussing a minor renovation of our bathroom.
On October 18th, I’m going to participate in the Longhorn Half Ironman Triathlon in Austin. (No. 39 – Complete a half Ironman Triathlon).
Before that, I have to accomplish No. 42 (Purchase my own road bike) and marking off No. 37 (Hire a personal trainer) probably wouldn’t hurt.
There are still a couple tasks that I HAVE to make significant progress on in 2009, specifically:
• No. 21 (Post revenue
There is one task that I’ve already marked off, but I hope I can add to it:
No. 32 (Inspire someone else to do 101 things).
I have three friends who have forwarded me their lists and said thanks for motivating me to do this. I’ve had a dozen friends and family members who’ve said, “I’ve started my list, but I can’t think of 101 things.”
If you’ve started a list, are considering it, or even dead set against it, I encourage you to read my blog, “ ‘THE LIST’ HAS OPENED MY EYES.”
Another great site is the home base for the phenomenon. I encourage you to check out that site as well. (click here to visit that site)