People are constantly asking about how my business is going.
Ninety-five percent of the time, I’m honestly of stuck for an answer. (You would have thought they asked me to define quantum physics and its relationship to the law of attraction.)
If there was only a simple way to capture the following bullet points in one sentence:
• I love what I’m doing;
• I totally believe in our product and service;
• I’m inspired by our emphasis on giving back,
• We our cash flow is a glorified trickle, and
• I feel totally paralyzed.
Try explaining that quagmire to someone as you exchange pleasantries in the dairy section of the grocery store.
A fellow entrepreneur, who I tend to use as a sounding board and source of inspiration, was able to find a blog post that beautifully nailed my current situation with a poetic metaphor. More importantly, it provided a game plan that has kicked my butt into gear. (Thanks, Mike!)
Here are some of the highlights:
• INITIAL QUESTION: “Do you ever find yourself feeling like you’re business isn’t moving anywhere?”
• METAPHOR: The ultimate family vacation and car trouble.
• THE BOTTOM LINE: “If you’re feeling a little stuck right now, you have a choice: You can either stay stuck or you can look for the shift you need to get back in motion toward your dreams.”
Read the whole blog post by clicking here.