Let the New Adventure Begin

I’ve had a lot of writing firsts in my life:

• My first newspaper article compared
“The Catch” to athletics at Duncanville High School. (Don’t ask.)

• My first column in college was about showering in the dark. (Seriously…don’t ask!)

• My first blog post was about defining an adventure.

Well, here goes nothing – again.

This is my inaugural post on “Defining Audacity,” a blog dedicated to inspiring people to live a bold and adventurous life.

How am I going to do that?

I’m simply going to share inspiring stories and videos on a daily basis, while sprinkling in stories of my own life. My personal narratives – which I’ll publish two to three times a week – won’t be a whole lot different than what I was spewing on “Fire & Motion.” (Maybe just a little more focused – no more blog posts about “The Hat Guy” in Cleveland or “Breaker High.”)

Most of my personal posts will still revolve around daddyhood, giving back and examples of other people dedicated to truly living life. I’m also going to focus on my “Live the List Project” from time to time, and when I discover something that inspires me – I’m going to share it.

So, the million dollar questions:

– Am I qualified to start a blog about living a bold and adventurous life?

–  Am I qualified to motivate others to live the same way?

Not to be egotistical…but, my answer to both of those questions is a confident: ABSOLUTLEY!

Wait! There’s more…Click to keep reading

, , , , , ,

9 Comments on “Let the New Adventure Begin”

1. Courtney
    April 2, 2012 at 7:32 am #

Drew, I couldn’t be happier for you and this big leap into Defining Audacity! I know it will bring truly inspirational stories to your readers and give them the courage to live by your example. You are an incredible inspiration to me and I hope this blog is an outlet for you to do the same to many more. So excited for you!

2. Brad Dodson
    April 2, 2012 at 7:43 am #

I look forward to reading your new posts and grabbing inspiration from them:) Congratulations on the new blog and endeavor!

3. worsleyclan
    April 2, 2012 at 8:04 am #

Very excited to see the new blog….I’ll be checking it regularly for inspiration as I prepare to make my own audacious change in the coming year.

• Drew Myers
      April 2, 2012 at 10:51 am #

I’m so excited to hear what’s next for you!

4. Will
    April 2, 2012 at 8:34 am #

Congrats on launching the new blog. I look forward to reading.

5. Katie G.
    April 2, 2012 at 10:13 am #

I love the new blog, Drew! Great format, even better entries.

• Drew Myers
      April 2, 2012 at 10:52 am #

Thanks, girl! I miss you like crazy. I hope and pray that you’re doing wonderfully great!

6. Mike P.
    April 18, 2012 at 9:02 am #

Drew…I’m reading on a not-so-daily basis…keep it up. Good stuff! You are doing things that are impacting lives.

• Drew Myers
      April 18, 2012 at 9:42 am #

Thanks, Mike. I’m enjoying the hell out of this new adventure.